Discover new insights from data in minutes
Work with cloud data
With the DecisionPoint™ Server in the cloud, you can connect to your cloud data sources (e.g. Salesforce®) and upload local data (e.g. Excel® spreadsheets, CSV files). Managing your data through DecisionPoint™ ensures fast response times, allows you to join data from different systems and avoids any artificial query limits imposed by the cloud app vendor.
Work with corporate data sources
With an on premise DecisionPoint™ Server, you can connect to your existing Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Operational Systems, OLAP cubes or local data (e.g. Excel® spreadsheets, CSV files). Even hook into SAP® BusinessObjects™ content — to get up and running straight away.
Merge multiple data sources to give business users the big picture
Where business users need a view across multiple data sources (e.g. because their actuals are in your operational system and their budgets are in Excel®), DecisionPoint™ enables you to combine this data into a consolidated view. This ensures your business users always have the big picture view to help shape their decisions.
Easy Data Discovery that anyone can use
Use the intuitive data browser to simplify Data Discovery, so that anyone in your organization can dragDecisionPoint™ dice your data to discover hidden factors that drive your business — or hold it back. DecisionPoint™ provides "friendly" discovery aimed at casual users. So, you don't need to go on a 3-day training course to master it and you don' need to be an analyst to use it.
Share data sets for consistent decision making
Re-use data sets across multiple dashboards and apps to ensure your business users make consistent decisions based on a shared single version of the truth. Enrich your data with:
- Custom columns to add objects that need to be calculated at display time (e.g. ratios and percentages for key performance indicators)
- Presentation formats which are applied consistently across multiple dashboards and apps
- Hierarchies to support default drill paths
Refresh data in real-time or against a schedule
- Refresh every time a dashboard or app is opened, (e.g. to track today's on-time delivery rates in your supply chain)
- Manual refresh triggered by the user , e.g. by pressing a button in their dashboard
- Cache data on the server for a period of time (e.g. 1 hour) after the first user refreshes
- Schedule a periodic refresh (e.g. daily, weekly) and cache on the server for less volatile data
- Automatic, periodic refresh (e.g. every 5 minutes) which can be useful for wall-mounted operational dashboards
Balance fast response times and large data volumes
To balance great response times with the ability to work with large data volumes, DecisionPoint™ pushes as much data storage and processing as possible down to the client device — after all, desktop PCs and tablets are powerful devices. For regular data volumes, the entire results set can be downloaded to the client, so everything happens locally and your users enjoy blisteringly fast response times. With larger data volumes, drilling and filtering can be delegated to the server. So, as a business user drills through their data DecisionPoint™ fetches additional subsets of data as it is needed to ensure people always see the right information at the right level of detail.